- 59 affordable units on Waldeck & Orlando Streets
- 1-3 bedroom affordable rentals on Orlando Street
- 1-bedroom affordable units on Waldeck Street
- Community/resident service space at the Waldeck Street location
- Redevelopment + renovation work
- Energy efficient construction
- 2 locations
- 25, 31, 25 Orlando Street, Mattapan
- 91-101 Waldeck Street, Dorchester
- Waldeck Street is across from Fields Corner Station on the Red Line
- Orlando Street is close by the Blue Hill/Cummings Avenue Station on the Fairmount Indigo Commuter Rail Line
Our Walando Homes project consists of 59 affordable units in two locations. Family-oriented apartments on Orlando Street in Mattapan feature one- to three-bedroom layouts. The units on Waldeck Street in Dorchester, all one-bedroom, are designated for homeless patients who are frequent users of emergency healthcare services.
The Waldeck building will be operated as a Housing First Supportive Health site, integrating services from partners that include Boston Medical Center, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, and Codman Square Health Center. This approach combines housing and supportive services to improve resident health and well-being and decrease the need for emergency room visits.
In 2016, we acquired this distressed property from bankruptcy court with existing tenants. The tenants supported our proposal for Walando Homes and the judge granted ownership to CSNDC.
Since then, we have stabilized the building, ensured its safety for tenants. We received State funding and are in the process of planning for occupied rehabilitation of the buildings. We are looking to close on this project in mid-2021.