Buying a new home can be scary and daunting, but learning how to do it doesn’t have to be. CSNDC helps residents in the Codman Square area develop the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully purchase and maintain a new home through workshops and online learning.
CSNDC’s First-Time Homebuyer education workshops aim to put aspiring homeowners on a successful pathway to sustainable and affordable homeownership. The workshop covers:
● An overview of the homebuying process
● The role of budget and credit
● The mortgage application process
● Top ten questions you should ask your home inspector
● Why work with a real estate agent
● Why you need your own real estate attorney
● How to shop for home insurance
● The responsibilities of home ownership
CSNDC also offers access to “Framework,” an online homebuyer education course developed by the Housing Partnership Network and the Minnesota Homeownership. Certificates are issued to those who complete the course. This is ideal for individuals who prefer to learn at their own speed.
In addition, CSNDC offers one-on-one and group homebuyer education training and counseling to aspiring homebuyers.